- Silverlight 5 coming out end of next year (2011).
- Silverlight 5 will have lots of performance improvements
- Some new features that brings it closer to WPF
- XAML debugging
- Profiling tools for CPU & memory. looking forward to that
- They say “Media applications” way too many times in the first 15 minutes to try and emphasise that that is the focus of Silverlight
- WAY too many similar apps shown and reshown from different companies, their own spin on a “Silverlight Line of Business application with interactive charts”.
- Lots of nice new 3D accelerated capabilities that were played down. In my opinion THIS should have been the target of the keynote/Silverlight. This is something that HTML5 doesn’t do so well yet.