- Summary blog post of Azure announcements by Scott Gu https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-innovations-at-microsoft-build-2017-helping-developers-achieve-more/
- Cosmos DB. Ultra scalable, global geo distributed. An evolution of DocDB. Has guaranteed single digit millisecond performance. http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-debuts-azure-cosmos-db-a-superset-of-its-documentdb-service/
- Postgres & MySQL as a service now available
- Intelligent Cloud & Intelligent Edge http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-build-2017-buzzword-bingo-on-the-edge/
- IoT Edge announced. Allows you to have cloud logic, which you can have automatically package up and push down to an IoT edge node to run at, to reducing processing latency https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/campaigns/iot-edge/
- Cortana Skills preview https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cortana/cortana-skills/
- New collaboration features in Microsoft Teams http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-announces-new-teams-collaboration-features-build-2017
- Project Prague – Cognitive Services Labs https://labs.cognitive.microsoft.com/en-us/project-prague
- Visual Studio for Mac https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-mac/
- Workplace safety demonstration [2mins] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL-c00M2CnI
My main takeaways:
- serverless computing and the CosmosDB are going to allow you to quickly create new ultra scalable applications.
- AI, cognitive services and Cortana skills will allow you to build some real Sci-Fi things.
- Microsoft graph is improving and adding more features that will allow you to build more personal apps.