- Bash on Windows. Can run emacs, SSH, etc.
- Windows 10 anniversary update coming with platform updates https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/03/30/windows-10-anniversary-update-brings-new-experiences-and-developer-opportunity
- Xbox dev mode. Can turn any retail Xbox One it into a dev kit, deploy and debug UWP apps
- Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 released https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/vs2015-update2-vs.aspx
- Visual Studio “15” preview https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/visual-studio-next-downloads-vs
- Hololens SDK & emulator available https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/holographic/install_the_tools
- Bot Framework that will allow for creation of chat bots, skype bots that can broker interactions between you and bots of other companies to book hotels, order pizza.
- Update to Skype apps today to give access to chat bots
Day 1 (today) will be about Win 10 and devices, like HoloLens, Xbox, and ‘conversations as a platform’ (NUI) and AI/bots
Day 2 will be about Azure, IoT, data platform with @scottgu. And Qi Lu will talk about O365 as a platform, Office/MS Graph
Satya on stage
Microsoft is focused on “mobile first, cloud first”
Building 3 interconnected systems. Azure 365, xbox, windows 10
Windows is your ultimate desktop for Windows and beyond.
New emerging platform intersection of their 3 ambitions “conversations as a platform”
Building on Azure gives you the opportunity to reach over 5,000,000 businesses already in Azure AD
Terry Myerson comes on stage
Windows 10 Anniversary update is coming for free
Will allow you to use the biometric logins (windows hello) in your apps. And with Edge you’ll be able to log into websites with it.
Will come to Xbox One, which will bring all UWP apps to Xbox
Will come to Hololens.
Bryan Rope comes on stage VERY amped up
Demonstrates that he can log into a website in edge using Microsoft hello with the fingerprint scanner.
People are still using pen and paper a lot. So trying to make using a pen much easier via “Windows Ink”
Clicking the button on the pen will bring up a launchpad so you can quickly launch inking app you want
Kevin Gallo on stage
Hosted Web Apps,
gives access to cortana, inking, etc.
Bash on Windows
Was difficult for web devs to do things easily. So they are bringing Bash straight to Windows 10 from the Windows Store!
native unix-ubuntu libraries running natively in Windows10 using a new subsystem
Renamed to “Modern Desktop apps”
“Desktop app converter” for desktop apps and games.
He runs a converter on a desktop app. Spits out an .appx
Can use UWP features like live tiles
Alex Kipman on stage to talk Hololens
Hololens shipping today to initial wave of preview orders
Galaxy Explorer Hololens app is released and opensource
Hololens academy is updated
SDK & emulator available
Satya back on stage
Conversation as a platform
Need to teach computers & AI about language, context, personal wants so they can help you with everyday tasks.
All our technology needs to be more inclusive, transparent, and respects privacy
Bot framework https://www.botframework.com/
We wanted to take the conversations and help open it with digital assistants like bots.
Want to help people build these bots, and be able to call on bots when you need assistance
Marcus Ash on stage
Satya back on stage