Microsoft has released the latest version of the Windows Azure SDK, version 2.0.
The top features they are listing are:
- Web Sites: Visual Studio Tooling updates for Publishing, Management, and for Diagnostics
- Cloud Services: Support for new high memory VM sizes, Faster Cloud Service publishing & Visual Studio Tooling for configuring and viewing diagnostics data
- Storage: Storage Client 2.0 is now included in new projects & Visual Studio Server Explorer now supports working with Storage Tables
- Service Bus: Updated client library with message pump programming model support, support for browsing messages, and auto-deleting idle messaging entities
- PowerShell Automation: Updated support for PowerShell 3.0, and lots of new PowerShell commands for automating Web Sites, Cloud Services, VMs and more.
The SDK can be downloaded from the Azure Developer portal http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/.
What I find really cool about the Storage Client SDK is how it is available to install as a package from NuGet, and the code is all available from GitHub. Microsoft is changing!