This year I was invited to speak presenting on Windows Azure at Remix, Microsoft’s Annual web technologies conference.
In this talk, I cover off the history of cloud computing, compare Windows Azure to the offerings from Amazon and Google. Explain what tools are needed to program against Windows Azure, then finally cover a few demos that show the capabilities of Windows Azure
The video is available online in both low and high quality (unfortunately the aspect ratio is weird at both qualities).
- http://mediadl.microsoft.com/mediadl/www/a/australia/Remix09/azure.wmv 140mb
- http://mediadl.microsoft.com/mediadl/www/a/australia/Remix09/azure_hq.wmv 520mb
- or you can stream it and other Remix videos from http://www.microsoft.com/australia/remix/videos/default.aspx I highly recommend Tatham Oddie & Damian Edward’s talk on building standards based websites with ASP.Net
The Slides are also available for you to download 20090611 ReMix – Azure Themed.pptx
Timeline for the talk
- 0:00 – Cloud computing recap
- 6:30 – Overview of Windows Azure
- 16:30 – How to program
- 17:15 – Demo 1 (ASP.Net Hello World)
- 22:30 – Demo 2 (Massively scalable WCF service)
- 25:00 – Demo 3 (Using a silverlight to consume my service)
- 35:00 – Demo 4 (Azure storage + Worker roles)